- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg. of Farmer John Patty Sausage (3/4-1lb), the sort you can slice into patties
- 1 frozen hot dog bun (bear with me)
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1-2 tsp ground cloves to taste
- Dash of salt (if needed)
- Break up sausage a bit and place in a medium size saucepan. Barely cover it with water. Slowly heat it up, uncovered, on medium heat until it boils, while mashing up the sausage until it's the consistency of fine grains of meat.
- Once it boils bring down heat to a high simmer for about half an hour. Then add 1/2 cup of diced onion. Continue simmering for about another half hour or until the onion is tender.
- Grate 3/4 of the frozen hot dog bun into meat mix (and doesn't THAT sound appetizing?), mix together, and add 1 tsp. of cloves. Mix and taste; add more cloves if desired. Add salt if desired. Remember this is very hands-on. You need to taste as you go.
- When the water's mostly boiled down and mixture is sort of sticking to the pan (but not so much that it is no longer pourable), pour into a small bowl.
- Now for the fun part. As it cools, skim grease off the top as often as needed. Believe me, you'll thank me later.
- When it's cooled to about room temperature, cover bowl with plastic wrap and put overnight in refrigerator. Next morning, spread on bread and enjoy. I like wheat bread, personally, but be creative! Maybe you can use the other 1/4 hot dog bun if you hate to waste food
NotesOK, this is so ethnic you may find it's an aquired taste! I grew up on this stuff, however...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Amsterdam Friends CookbookSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More