- Cooking Time: 18
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle chiles in adobo plus 1 teaspoon adobo
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups corn (cut from about 7 ears)
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp (about 21 to 25 per lb.)
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups panko (japanese bread crumbs)
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 475°F.
- Stir together mayonnaise, chipotle with adobo sauce, and salt in a bowl.
- Pulse 1 1/2 cups corn in a food processor with water and 2 tablespoons chipotle mayonnaise until coarsely puréed.
- Transfer mixture to a shallow 2-quart gratin dish. Stir in scallions and remaining corn.
- Toss shrimp with remaining chipotle mayonnaise in bowl to coat.
- Put 1 cup panko in another bowl, then add shrimp in small batches, tossing to coat evenly and shaking off excess (add more panko if needed). Arrange shrimp in 1 layer on top of corn.
- Roast until crumbs are golden and shrimp are just cooked through, about 18 minutes.
NotesTwo summer favorites join forces in this gratin-style main dish, whose complex flavors belie its ease of preparation.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More