- Cooking Time: 1 hour + cooling
- Servings: 15 servings
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk, sugar and salt. Gradually add flour; beat until smooth.
- In a deep-fat fryer or electric skillet, heat 2-1/2 in. of oil to 375°. Place rosette iron in hot oil for 30 seconds. Blot iron on paper towels, then dip iron in batter to three-fourths the way up the sides (do not let batter run over top of iron). Immediately place in hot oil; loosen rosette with fork and remove iron.
- Fry for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack covered with paper towels. Repeat with remaining batter. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar before serving.
NotesShaped like delicate snowflakes, these crisp rosettes makes a lovely winter dessert. We make these Norwegian treats for Christmas and other special occasions.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Adventures in Cooking
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Mexican Wedding Cakes
Classic Beef Stew
chocolate peanut butter cream cheese fillingSee More