- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: depends on size of ball
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cube butter
- 8 oz. chopped dates
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups rice krispies
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 can angel flake coconut
- In saucepan put:
- Cook slowly (bubbly) til thick. About 10 min. Pour over rice krispies and
- Wet hands and roll 1 tsp of mixture into ball or log.
- Roll in coconut
- Put on cookie sheet, refrigerate til firm.
- I prefer to keep refrigerated as I like them cold.
NotesThis recipe came from an Aunt of mine over 40 years ago who passed away over 30 years ago. I make this candy every Christmas and think of her. She was a second mom to me when my mom was busy working to raise me as a single mom (my dad had passed away).
I enjoy sharing my recipes so others have as much pleasure as I in making/eating them.
Best of Eva's Family Recipes
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More