- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 2 t chopped garlic
- 1/2 pound cooked black eyed peas
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 T minced parsley
- 4 - 6 oz catfish fillets
- 1 cup flour
- cajun seasoning
- 8 collard green leaves
- Saute bacon until crisp; remove from pan and drain. Add onions to pan; cook until caramelized, 10 minutes. Stir in garlic and black eyed peas; cook 1 minute. Add beef stock; simmer 8 minutes. Stir in parsley; remove from heat and keep warm.
- Separately season catfish and flour with cajun seasoning. Dredge fillets in flour; fry until crispy, 4 - 6 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels. Add collard greens to pan; fry until crispy. Season with salt and pepper; drain. Serve fish over black eyed peas, topped with crispy greens.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More