- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30
- 12 ounces shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup jack cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1-2 sliced green onions
- 4 grated or minced garlic cloves (in total)
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1 tsp. cumin
- the juice of half a lime,
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 finely diced seeded serrano pepper
- 1 container plain 0% Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- 1 tbs. Chile pepper
- 1 tbs. Dried cilantro
- 1. Preheat oven to 400. Make the chicken filling by combining the following ingredients in a bowl: chicken, jack cheese, cheddar cheese, corn kernels, sliced green onions, 2 grated or minced garlic cloves, salsa, lime juice, salt, serrano pepper, and Greek yogurt.
- 2. Heat oil and remaining two grated garlic cloves in a small saucepan over med heat. When the oil is hot, turn off the heat and let the garlic infuse into the oil for 5-10 minutes. Assemble the tortillas by adding about 2 tbs. of the filling along the lower third of the flour tortillas -- feel free to sprinkle with a bit more cheese on top if you like it extra cheesy! Roll up and place seam-side-down on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silpat.
- 3. Brush the tortilla rollups with the garlic-infused oil and sprinkle with salt, dried cilantro, and chipotle chile powder. Bake for 8-10 minutes, flipping over halfway through cooking time so both sides brown and crisp.
- 4. Serve the rollups with your favorite dipping sauces on the side. I usually serve with sour cream, guacamole, queso, and ranch dressing.
NotesI created these flauta-chimichanga hybrid for our Cinco de Mayo celebration last year, and they were a huge hit. I was absolutely floored when this recipe became very popular via Pinterest and a couple of other sharing sites. This is hands down my most popular recipe to date -- it's been pinned more than 52K times! I have received a lot of positive feedback via comments and e-mail that other people enjoy it a lot as well. This one is popular for a reason...and I hope you enjoy it too!!
Submitted by: "Wendy (The Weekend Gourmet)"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Babette's Test Kitchen
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More