- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30
- 12 ounces shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup jack cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1-2 sliced green onions
- 4 grated or minced garlic cloves (in total)
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1 tsp. cumin
- the juice of half a lime,
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 finely diced seeded serrano pepper
- 1 container plain 0% Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- 1 tbs. Chile pepper
- 1 tbs. Dried cilantro
- 1. Preheat oven to 400. Make the chicken filling by combining the following ingredients in a bowl: chicken, jack cheese, cheddar cheese, corn kernels, sliced green onions, 2 grated or minced garlic cloves, salsa, lime juice, salt, serrano pepper, and Greek yogurt.
- 2. Heat oil and remaining two grated garlic cloves in a small saucepan over med heat. When the oil is hot, turn off the heat and let the garlic infuse into the oil for 5-10 minutes. Assemble the tortillas by adding about 2 tbs. of the filling along the lower third of the flour tortillas -- feel free to sprinkle with a bit more cheese on top if you like it extra cheesy! Roll up and place seam-side-down on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silpat.
- 3. Brush the tortilla rollups with the garlic-infused oil and sprinkle with salt, dried cilantro, and chipotle chile powder. Bake for 8-10 minutes, flipping over halfway through cooking time so both sides brown and crisp.
- 4. Serve the rollups with your favorite dipping sauces on the side. I usually serve with sour cream, guacamole, queso, and ranch dressing.
NotesI created these flauta-chimichanga hybrid for our Cinco de Mayo celebration last year, and they were a huge hit. I was absolutely floored when this recipe became very popular via Pinterest and a couple of other sharing sites. This is hands down my most popular recipe to date -- it's been pinned more than 52K times! I have received a lot of positive feedback via comments and e-mail that other people enjoy it a lot as well. This one is popular for a reason...and I hope you enjoy it too!!
Submitted by: "Wendy (The Weekend Gourmet)"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More