- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup unflavored breadcrumbs
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Place a medium saucepan over medium-high heat with the rice and 3 cups of water. Bring the liquid to a boil then cover the pan and reduce the heat to low. Simmer until all the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and reserve. While the rice is simmering, place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 4 turns of the pan of vegetable oil, about 4 tablespoons. In a large, re-sealable plastic bag, mix together the breadcrumbs, lemon zest, ginger, sesame seeds, some salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the bag and toss well to evenly coat the chicken (give each piece a good press with the crumbs to make sure the coating sticks). Lay the chicken pieces in the hot skillet and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 7-8 minutes (you may have to cook them in batches if the pan isn’t large enough). As the chicken pieces finish, transfer them to a paper towel-lined plate. When the chicken is almost ready, whisk together the soy sauce, lemon juice and honey with a little splash of water in a small bowl. Add to chicken and sauté for a few minutes.
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Zesty Taco Stew with Cheddar-Stuffed Cornbread Dumplings
Fried OystersSee More