CRISPY CRANBERRY WHOLE GRAIN MARSHMALLOW BARS (ALTERNATIVE TO RICE CRISPY TREATS)
- Cooking Time: 5 min
- Preparation Time: 15 min
BackstoryDiscovered this idea from an old magazine while cutting out pictures of food for a 4K art project. I liked the idea, but it needed something else.
- 3 Tbs of butter (3 1/2 if you like butter!)
- 10.5 oz (1 bag) miniature marshmallows
- 1 box of multi-grain cluster cereal
- 1 1/4 c dried cranberries (1 bag of ocean spray-also you can use blends...I like the cranberries with pomegranate)
- 1 tsp-1 Tbs of Cocoa powder (depends on how chocolately you want it, and I like Hershey's Special Dark)
- 1. Chop the cranberries and divide into 1 cup and 1/4 cup. And prep a 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2. Melt butter in a large sauce pan (low heat). Add marshmallows and cocoa powder to butter and stir until smooth.
- 3. Add cranberries and cereal to a large bowl. Pour/scrape marshmallow mixture into the bowl and mix together.
- 4. Pour/scrape mixture into the baking dish. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes, and cut into bars if desired.