CRISPY CRANBERRY WHOLE GRAIN MARSHMALLOW BARS (ALTERNATIVE TO RICE CRISPY TREATS)
Crispy Cranberry Whole Grain Marshmallow Bars (alternative to Rice Crispy Treats)
- Cooking Time: 5 min
- Preparation Time: 15 min
- 3 Tbs of butter (3 1/2 if you like butter!)
- 10.5 oz (1 bag) miniature marshmallows
- 1 box of multi-grain cluster cereal
- 3/4 c dried cranberries
- 1 tsp-1 Tbs of Cocoa powder (depends on how chocolately you want it, and I like Hershey's Special Dark)
1. Chop (as finely as you desire) the cranberries. And prep a 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Melt butter in a large sauce pan (low heat). Add marshmallows and cocoa powder to butter and stir until smooth.
3. Add cranberries and cereal to a large bowl. Pour/scrape marshmallow mixture into the bowl and mix together.
4. Pour/scrape mixture into the baking dish. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes, and cut into bars if desired.