- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 pound tilapia fillets, cut into 4-by-1-inch strips
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 3 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- Shredded green cabbage, lettuce leaves, cilantro and sliced scallions, jalapenos, sour cream or plain yogurt for serving
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and white pepper. Seal the bag and shake. Add the fish and shake to coat.
- Put the eggs and panko in separate shallow bowls. Dip the fish in the egg and then in the panko. Transfer the fish to a wax paper–lined platter.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the oil to 350°. Add half of the fish and fry over moderate heat, turning once, until golden, about 3 minutes. Drain the fish on a paper towel–lined platter. Repeat with the remaining fish. Serve the fish in the tortillas, passing the Shredded green cabbage, lettuce leaves, cilantro and sliced scallions, jalapenos, sour cream or plain yogurt for serving.
Notesfrom Food and Wine, contributed by Chef Tomas Lee
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
The Naked Macaron
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More