- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 pound tilapia fillets, cut into 4-by-1-inch strips
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 3 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- Shredded green cabbage, lettuce leaves, cilantro and sliced scallions, jalapenos, sour cream or plain yogurt for serving
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and white pepper. Seal the bag and shake. Add the fish and shake to coat.
- Put the eggs and panko in separate shallow bowls. Dip the fish in the egg and then in the panko. Transfer the fish to a wax paper–lined platter.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the oil to 350°. Add half of the fish and fry over moderate heat, turning once, until golden, about 3 minutes. Drain the fish on a paper towel–lined platter. Repeat with the remaining fish. Serve the fish in the tortillas, passing the Shredded green cabbage, lettuce leaves, cilantro and sliced scallions, jalapenos, sour cream or plain yogurt for serving.
Notesfrom Food and Wine, contributed by Chef Tomas Lee
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Indian Inspired STIR-FRYs
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More