- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- Kale Chips
- 1 lb kale
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Kefir Dip
- 1/2 cup Lifeway Lowfat Plain Kefir
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise*
- 1 teaspoon dry dill
- 2 teaspoon dry parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Wash kale and remove the stems. Rip clean kale into bite-sized pieces and dry thoroughly.
- Gently massage kale with vinegar and oil (try not to crush it) and place in a single layer on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with salt - go easy on the salt, you can always add more after baking.
- Place the kale in the oven, and prop the door open - bake for 10 minutes, and check on the progress. Rotate sheets if necessary.
- Keep baking in 10 minute increments until the kale is dry and crispy, approx.. 20-30 minutes.
- To make the dip, mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- *If you don’t mind a thinner dip, omit the mayo and use a full cup of kefir.
NotesKale chips are the latest superfood snack and for good reason. Here’s a twist on a basic recipe for salt and vinegar kale chips and a tangy side of low-fat, kefir ranch dip.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More