- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 bunches kangkong leaves, cleaned 1-1/2 cup water
- 3 cups cornstarch
- 5 cups cooking oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 pc boiled egg, grated medium
- salt and monosodium glutamate (MSG) to taste
- *Wash kangkong and drain leaves thoroughly.
- *Remove leaves from stem. Set aside.
- *In a clean mixing bowl combine cornstarch, flour, egg, MSG, salt and water ( batter mixture ).
- *Mix until smooth in consistency.
- Heat oil to 250°F and reduce fire to medium.
- *Dip kangkong leaves one by one in batter and deep fry until crispy.
- *Put fried leaves in a plate lined with table tissue to drain oil from kangkong leaves.
- *Serve with sauce on the side.
- I actually don't know which sauce to prepare. I think mayo and catsup is OK. watcha think?
Notesi really liked this crispy leaf in a resto called Jerry's Grill. So i tried to check for a recipe. Got this recipe from filipinovegetarianrecipe.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More