- Cooking Time: 20-30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless or 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- grated peel from 2 lemons (save the lemons for squeezing over cooked chicken if you'd like)
- 2 cups of Panko
- vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, lemon juice, lemon peel and enough flour to make the mixture the consistency of a think pancake mix.
- Put the panko in another bowl.
- Dip the chicken in the sour cream mixture and then roll in the panko crumbs.
- Heat enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan (about 1/8") and fry chicken until golden brown and crispy. You will probably need to do this in batches. Add more oil in between batches if necessary.
- If you'd like, you can bake it in the oven in a lightly greased pan for about 30 minutes. It won't be as crispy but it will probably be less fattening.
NotesI use to have something like this at a restaurant near my old place of employment. I recently altered this recipe again....and each time I do, it's closer and closer to what I'm looking for.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More