- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3.5-4 lbs skinned; fat removed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 4 cups wheat-flake cereal, lightly crushed
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Rinse the chicken and pat it dry.
- Combine oil, salt, ginger, garlic, and paprika in a small bowl.
- Place cereal in a pie plate or on a piece of foil.
- Brush each piece of chicken on both sides with oil mixture, then dip in cereal crumbs, pressing lightly to get an even coating on all sides.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and golden brown .
- Timing will vary according to the thickness of the chicken pieces.
- serves 6
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Deep-fried Sesame Balls
Bacon WafflesSee More