- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Oven Fried Chicken
- 2 skinless chicken breasts (or use any pieces you want, preferably bone-in)
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- Melba toasts (about 15-20), processed to a coarse crumb
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 tsp. dried mustard
- Whisk together buttermilk, garlic powder, thyme, cayenne, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture over chicken breasts and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400
- Combine crushed melba toasts, oil and dry mustard.
- Coat chicken breasts in coating mixture, pressing to adhere.
- Place chicken on a wire rack (I used a cooling rack), on top of a cookie sheet. Spray the chicken with some oil spray.
- Bake until chicken is done, about 45 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Koken met Oma
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More