- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup bottled salsa
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 zucchini (about 3/4 pound)
- 2/3 cup italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine salsa and sour cream; set aside.
- Cut each zucchini lengthwise into quarters; cut each quarter crosswise into 3 pieces.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and the next 4 ingredients (breadcrumbs through salt) in a shallow dish. Dredge 6 zucchini pieces in flour. Dip in egg whites, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Repeat procedure with the remaining zucchini, flour, egg whites, and breadcrumb mixture. Place the
- zucchini on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat the zucchini with cooking spray. Bake at 450 degrees for 25 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp, carefully turning after 12 minutes. Serve zucchini immediately with salsa dip.
- *Note: You can also serve the sticks with a spicy marinara rather than salsa...because I always have an open jar in the fridge that needs to be used up. But the salsa dip is good too.*
- Contributor: Cooking Light Magazine. June 2000. Page: 172.
- Yield: 6 servings
NotesContributor: Cooking Light Magazine. June 2000. Page: 172
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More