- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 small Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 Tbs. flour
- 1 Tbs. ground cinnamon, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 17.3 oz. pkg. grand-size flaky/buttermilk biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 10.2 oz. pkg. grand-size flaky/buttermilk biscuits (5 biscuits)
- 1 Tbs. butter or margarine, melted
- Vanilla Ice cream or Cool Whip, optional
- Caramel ice cream topping, optional
- Heat oven to 350. Peel, core and slice apples. Place apples, walnuts,
- raisins, flour, 1 tsp. cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar in a bowl and mix well.
- Microwave apple mixture on high 3 minutes or until hot. Mix well. Separate 12
- biscuits and place on cutting board. Roll each biscuit into a 5Ã¢â‚¬Â disk, flouring
- dough as needed. Arrange biscuits in a single layer on clean, flat surface.
- Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of mixture over
- biscuits. Divide apple mixture evenly over center of each biscuit; gather up
- edges over filling, pinching to seal. Microwave butter about 15 seconds or
- until melted.
- Holding each biscuit at sealed end, dip each biscuit into butter, then in
- remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place biscuits, seam side down, into muffin
- pan. Do not press down into cup! Using a serrated bread knife, cut through
- top of each biscuit, making a crisscross pattern. Bake 25-30 minutes or
- until golden brown. Remove from pan. If desired, serve with a scoop of vanilla
- ice cream and drizzle with caramel sauce.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Home cookingSee More
Teriyaki Salmon and Green Onion Kabobs
"Lightened Up" Carrot CakeSee More