- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 3-4 lb. rump roast
- 1 small jar of beef gravy
- 1 jar of water
- 1 envelope Au Jus mix
- 1 envelope Italian dressing mix
- Place all ingredients in a crock pot and set to medium heat.
- Allow meat to cook for 12-18 hours. Pull the meat from the crock pot and shred or thinly slice and place back in the gravy.
- Serve on crusty rolls or soft hoagy rolls and top with banana peppers or spicy pickle slices. Alternately, pile some of it on white bread, serve it with mashed potatoes and smother it with the gravy. Or stand over the crock pot with a fork and shovel it your mouth. Seriously, does it get any better?
NotesI'm not sure of the origin of this recipe. I got it from a friend several years ago and I am sure that it has made the potluck rounds in this part of the world. At any rate, it has proven to be a very tasty and popular recipe for my family and I guarantee it will make for great Super Bowl sandwiches!