- Cooking Time: 4-8hours
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 rack of Pork Spare Ribs, thawed (preferably pasture-raised pork from a local farm)
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- A couple dashes Cumin
- A couple dashes Smoked Paprika
- 1 dash Soy Sauce (no MSM crap)
- Sea Salt (or some other coarse salt)
- Pepper (fresh-ground)
- Break the rack down into manageable ribs.
- Layer in the crock pot, salting and peppering the ribs liberally.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl, whisk a few times.
- Pour the sauce over the ribs.
- Using a tong, toss ribs so that the sauce is evenly distributed over the meat.
- Place lid on pot.
- Cook low for 8 hours, or high for 4-5 hours.
- The meat will fall of the bone and be freakishly delicious!
NotesThis was my first venture in cooking ribs of any kind, and it managed to dissolve some of my assumptions about the time and challenge of making good ribs. This recipe involved a simple sauce, a crockpot, and some high quality, locally produced pork spare ribs. I'd make it again in a heartbeat.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More