- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 cup Smucker's Low Sugar Apricot Preserves
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 Tbsp Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Heinz Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 Tbsp ginger root, or ginger from tube
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 6 Wonder Light White Hamburger Bun(s)
- 1. Combine inions, preserves, brown sugar, bbq sauce, vinegar, worcestershire sauce and pepper flakes in a small bowl. Place chicken in 5-quart crock-pot. Pour apricot mixture over the chicken. Cover; cook on low for about 5 hours.
- 2. Transfer chicken to cutting board; cool slightly. Shred chicken in coarse shreds using 2 forks.
- 3. Blend water, cornstarch, ginger, salt & pepper until smooth. Whisk cornstarch mixture into cooking liquid. Cook, uncovered, on high 15to 20 minutes, or until thickened. Return shredded chicken to crock; mix well. Serve on buns
- Special Notes
- Buns are included in points value. I used ginger from the tube instead of fresh. It's just way easier! The ginger actually MAKES the recipe, I think. This recipe was doubled. The version I have is cut in half. You can double it to make more. It would then serve 12. This was sssoooo good. We all loved it! Perfect for fall. I made it all the night before & just put the crock on in the morning. Again, easier! Enjoy!
- 6 PTS
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More