- Cooking Time:
- Servings: about 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg. beef stew meat
- 1 pkg. Lipton onion soup mix
- 1 can golden mushroom soup
- 4 oz. can mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 c. Riunite Lambrusco (can use beef broth)
- Place stew meat in crock pot set to low.
- Combine dry soup mix, mushroom soup, drained mushrooms and wine and mix well.
- Pour over meat in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Boil egg noodles, drain and serve over noodles.
- *The gravy is quite thin so at the last minute I used one heaping Tbs. of corn starch in just barley enough water to loosen it up and make it liquid. I stirred that in, perfect!
NotesI made this Sunday for dinner and it was excellent and I will make it again and again in the future. I got this recipe from my friend Gratefulservant on the TOH BB and gave it to my son who made it with beef broth and he just loved it so I decided to give it a whirl. I however used the Riunite Lambrusco like my friend suggested…super good idea, loved it. It gave it that extra depth of flavor that took it over the top.
I served it with buttered Brussel sprouts and my Sweet Corny Muffins.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More