- Cooking Time: 7-10 hours
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 20
- In the pot:
- 3 lbs. (6-8) bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 14 oz. can diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or 4 tsp jarred minced garlic
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry red wine (I use Pinot Noir)
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp. Celery Powder
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp. water
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker in no particular order except pasta, cornstarch, water and sugar. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours (chicken will fall apart). It will not look like alot of liquid at first, but after cooking for a few hours, the juices from the chicken will change that. Don't add more liquid than the recipe calls for.
- 2 hours before serving add sugar and stir.
- 20 minutes before serving, stir in well blended cornstarch/water mixture. Make pasta according to directions on package.
- Place a few pieces of chicken on a bed of pasta, and spoon desired amount of sauce over chicken and pasta. Sprinkle w/ Fresh Parmesan and enjoy!
- This dish is very low in fat and sodium, and can be adjusted by using less salt, brown rice or whole grain pasta.
NotesAfter some research and a little creativity, I developed this little gem.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Short & SweetSee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More