- Cooking Time: 7-10 hours
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 20
- In the pot:
- 3 lbs. (6-8) bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 14 oz. can diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or 4 tsp jarred minced garlic
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry red wine (I use Pinot Noir)
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp. Celery Powder
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp. water
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker in no particular order except pasta, cornstarch, water and sugar. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours (chicken will fall apart). It will not look like alot of liquid at first, but after cooking for a few hours, the juices from the chicken will change that. Don't add more liquid than the recipe calls for.
- 2 hours before serving add sugar and stir.
- 20 minutes before serving, stir in well blended cornstarch/water mixture. Make pasta according to directions on package.
- Place a few pieces of chicken on a bed of pasta, and spoon desired amount of sauce over chicken and pasta. Sprinkle w/ Fresh Parmesan and enjoy!
- This dish is very low in fat and sodium, and can be adjusted by using less salt, brown rice or whole grain pasta.
NotesAfter some research and a little creativity, I developed this little gem.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More