- Cooking Time: 480
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 2 ½- to 3-pound chicken, whole
- 1 chopped white or yellow onion
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced into ¼-inch rounds
- 2 celery stalks, sliced into ¼-inch slices
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound egg noodles (or your favorite pasta), cooked according to package directions, then drained, rinsed and chilled.
- Remove chicken from package. Remove package of innards from inside the chicken and discard. Rinse chicken well inside and out.
- Place onions, carrots, and celery into slow cooker. Top with prepped chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken and vegetables with salt, pepper and thyme. Add bay leaf and water . Cover slow cooker and cook on low 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and cool slightly. Remove meat from bones and return meat to soup. Discard bones and skin.
- Add cooked noodles to soup and heat through—about 5 minutes.
NotesShared by Chef Jill Houk during our Kids Lunch & Snack Makeover segment on The Recipe Box Show :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More