- Cooking Time: 480
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 2 ½- to 3-pound chicken, whole
- 1 chopped white or yellow onion
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced into ¼-inch rounds
- 2 celery stalks, sliced into ¼-inch slices
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound egg noodles (or your favorite pasta), cooked according to package directions, then drained, rinsed and chilled.
- Remove chicken from package. Remove package of innards from inside the chicken and discard. Rinse chicken well inside and out.
- Place onions, carrots, and celery into slow cooker. Top with prepped chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken and vegetables with salt, pepper and thyme. Add bay leaf and water . Cover slow cooker and cook on low 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and cool slightly. Remove meat from bones and return meat to soup. Discard bones and skin.
- Add cooked noodles to soup and heat through—about 5 minutes.
NotesShared by Chef Jill Houk during our Kids Lunch & Snack Makeover segment on The Recipe Box Show :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More