- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound ground round
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove -- minced
- 1 15oz can kidney beans -- drained
- 1 14.5oz can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes with jalapeno peppers and spices -- undrained
- 6 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook the ground round in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until brown, stirring to crumble. Add chopped onion and the next 7 ingredients (onion through garlic), and cook for 7 minutes or until onion is tender. Place meat mixture in an electric slow cooker, and stir in beans and tomatoes. Cover with lid, and cook on low-heat setting for 4 hours. Spoon into bowls; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1-1/4 cups chili and 1 tablespoon cheese).
- Note: The chili can be made on the stovetop if you don't have a slow cooker. After adding the beans and the tomatoes, bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, partially covered, 1-1/2 hours.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More