CROCK POT LASAGNA
- Cooking Time: 3 hours
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb. bulk sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sause
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 (15 oz.) can Italian-style diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 (12 oz.) package oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 1 (15 oz.) carton cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 oz.) package shredded Mozzarella cheese
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage and onion until sausage is no loger pink and onion is tender.
Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, oregano, and salt; stir until well blended and then cook until heated through.
In a large bowl, combine cottage, Parmesan, and Mozzarella cheeses.
Spoon or ladle a layer of the sauce and meat mixture onto the bottom of the crock pot; addd a double layer of the oven-ready lasagna noodles (break noodles to fit into the pot).
Top noodles with a portion of the cheese mixture; repeat layers of sauce, noodles, and cheeses.
Cover and cook on LOW setting for 3 hours.