CROCK POT POT ROAST W/RED WINE GRAVY
- Cooking Time: 8-10 hrs
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 3 lb Beef Chuck Roast (cut into 3 equal pieces)
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp minced garlic (jarred or fresh)
- 6-8 medium red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 white onion, cut into quarters and separated.
- 1 small bag baby carrots
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (button or bella)
- 1 Cup Cherry Coke/Pepsi
- 2 packets Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 cups sweet red wine (I use Lambrusco)
- 4 tbsp Cornstarch or Flour (I prefer to make my gravy with Cornstarch)
- 1/4 cup water
Coat Chuck roast with Olive oil on both sides. Season with salt and pepper to your liking. Rub garlic on both sides of each piece of meat, rubbing in salt and pepper with it.
Add Cherry Coke to bottom of crock pot. Add half of the bag of carrots on the bottom. Add and arrange meat evenly in crock pot. Sprinkle 1 1/2 packets of Onion soup mix over the meat, reserving the rest to finish the top. Add Potatoes, Mushrooms, Onion, and remaining carrots. Pour Red Wine all over the top. Set Crock Pot on low and cook for 8-10 hours. About halfway through, add more salt and pepper if desired. 20 minutes before serving, add mixture of Cornstarch/flour and water (mixed well) to crock pot, and stir. Juice will thicken into a thin gravy.