- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
Backstory(taken from diseaseproof.com)
Note: When done in a crock pot, if a crust develops around the edges, just dispose of that part.
Quinoa is a grain which is a good source of iron, protein, and other nutrients.
Be sure to rinse it well, using a small screen strainer, since some of the bitter coating may not have been removed during processing.
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed well
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup chopped dried fruit, unsulphered (any type or a mixture)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dates, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 cup chopped Brazil nuts (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a crock pot and turn on warm overnight or for 10 hours.
- Add some soy milk if desired.
- If you'd prefer making this in the morning, then simmer the quinoa in the water for 10 minutes and then add rest of ingredients and simmer for 5 more minutes until all liquid is absorbed.