CROCK POT QUINOA BREAKFAST
Crock Pot Quinoa Breakfast
- Servings: 4
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed well
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup chopped dried fruit, unsulphered (any type or a mixture)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dates, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 cup chopped Brazil nuts (optional)
Place all ingredients in a crock pot and turn on warm overnight or for 10 hours.
Add some soy milk if desired.
If you'd prefer making this in the morning, then simmer the quinoa in the water for 10 minutes and then add rest of ingredients and simmer for 5 more minutes until all liquid is absorbed.
Note: When done in a crock pot, if a crust develops around the edges, just dispose of that part.
Quinoa is a grain which is a good source of iron, protein, and other nutrients.
Be sure to rinse it well, using a small screen strainer, since some of the bitter coating may not have been removed during processing.