CROCK-POT SPICY JAMBALAYA
Crock-Pot Spicy Jambalaya
- Cooking Time: 5 1/2 hours
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 30 min
- 1 lb medium-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup cooked ham or chicken, cubed
- 1 lb Andouille or smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1-2 Jalapenos ( to taste), seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 1/4 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 4/4 cup uncooked rice
- Salt to taste
Combine all ingredients except shrimp, parsley, tabasco sauce and the green onions in 5 qt crock-pot.
Mix well, cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
After mixture has cooked, stir well and add shrimp, parsley, 1/2 green onions and Tabasco.
Cook on high 30 minutes.
Discard the bay leaves and garnish with the remaining green onion.