- Cooking Time: 5 1/2 hours
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 30 min
- 1 lb medium-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup cooked ham or chicken, cubed
- 1 lb Andouille or smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1-2 Jalapenos ( to taste), seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 1/4 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 4/4 cup uncooked rice
- Salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp, parsley, tabasco sauce and the green onions in 5 qt crock-pot.
- Mix well, cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- After mixture has cooked, stir well and add shrimp, parsley, 1/2 green onions and Tabasco.
- Cook on high 30 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaves and garnish with the remaining green onion.
NotesThis is an easy meal that only takes a few minutes to put together in the crock-pot. It goes great with bread and a salad. It works well for me and my family, especially when I have a busy schedule.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
The Social Cookbook
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More