- Cooking Time: 4 hours 5 minutes
- Servings: 4-8
- Preparation Time:
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon-lime soda
- 2-3 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken (frozen, thawed or fresh) inside slow cooker. Mix together brown sugar, vinegar, soda, garlic, soy sauce, and pepper together. Pour over chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Take chicken pieces out of slow cooker (mine basically fell apart) and pour remaining sauce into saucepan. Place saucepan over high heat. Mix together corn starch and water, pour into saucepan, and mix well. Let sauce come to a boil and boil for 5 minutes, or until it starts to thicken and turns into a glaze. Remove from heat and let sit (it will continue to thicken as it cools down).
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes on top if desired. I serve it with white steamed rice.
NotesI love chicken and enjoy experimenting with it and creating new flavors.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More