- Cooking Time: 3-4 Hrs
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryI found this recipe on the internet when I was looking for something to cook with ingredients I already had. Turned out great! I made a few changes.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, un-drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced mild green chilies
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 cloves of garlic minced or two tablespoons of bottled minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of onion power
- Salt to taste
- Optional** Add spiced chili vinegar to taste. This is available at your local Asian or Filipino store.
- 1. Cook and stir turkey and onion in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until turkey is no longer pink. Drain and discard fat. Transfer to 4 1/2-quart CROCK-POT® slow cooker.
- 2. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Cover; cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours.