- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI have been making this one since I was in High School. It originally came from a Favorite Brand Name cookbook, which I no longer have. This was my favorite recipe from the entire book.
- 2 c (4 med) sliced carrots
- 1 c chopped onion
- 1 c sliced celery
- 1 lb pork sausage links, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 4 c shredded cabbage
- 1/2 c chopped fresh parsley
- 1 c apple juice
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 14.5 oz can whole tomatoes
- 10 3/4 oz can tomato soup
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a 2 qt saucepan combine carrots, onions, celery and sausage. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until sausage is browned and vegetables are crisply tender (8-12 minutes). Pour off fat.
- Meanwhile in a 3 qt saucepan combine remaining ingredients. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until heated through (12-15 minutes). Stir in cooked sausage and vegetables. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally until stew is thickened (20-30 minutes).
HKA Community Fair Recipes 2015
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knifeSee More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Anisette sponge cookiesSee More