- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 oz package Chicken Sausage cut into 1/2 rounds
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 15 oz can hominy rinsed and drained
- 1 and 1/4 C tomato salsa
- 1 T. chili powder
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- green onions
- Sour cream
- crushed tortilla chips
- Mix first 6 ingredients in crock pot. Leave on low for 7-8 hours. Peppers will release alot of liquid during cooking, so don't be worried that the salsa is not enough.
- Serve the chili over 1/2 rice in 4 bowls. Top with sour cream, onions, and tortilla chips.
NotesTried this week and is surprisingly good and filling. From Cooking Light. Recipe calls for chicken sausage with tequila and jalapenos. I used a red pepper garlic that worked just fine.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
DIY Tasty Gift Ideas
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More