- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 oz package Chicken Sausage cut into 1/2 rounds
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 15 oz can hominy rinsed and drained
- 1 and 1/4 C tomato salsa
- 1 T. chili powder
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- green onions
- Sour cream
- crushed tortilla chips
- Mix first 6 ingredients in crock pot. Leave on low for 7-8 hours. Peppers will release alot of liquid during cooking, so don't be worried that the salsa is not enough.
- Serve the chili over 1/2 rice in 4 bowls. Top with sour cream, onions, and tortilla chips.
NotesTried this week and is surprisingly good and filling. From Cooking Light. Recipe calls for chicken sausage with tequila and jalapenos. I used a red pepper garlic that worked just fine.
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Sailstad Family Cookbook
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More