- Cooking Time: 14 to 15 hours
- Servings: 4 pints
- Preparation Time: 5 to 10 minutes
- 7 cups applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 1/2 cups honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a crockpot, mix all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 14 to 15 hours, or until the mixture is deep brown.
- Pack while hot into 4 hot pint jars.
- Process in hot-water bath for 10 minutes, counting the time after the jars have been immersed and the water comes again to a rolling boil.
- Makes 4 pints.
NotesI honestly do not remember where I picked up this recipe but my daughter's love Apple Butter and we had run out of the Apple Butter I had made one season. This one comes in handy or in a pinch, it certainly put smiles on both of my daughters faces. Looks like you spent hours in the kitchen when you just did the "Mix and Forget it" until the next day. I usually will put this together on a Friday night and complete it in the early afternoon on Saturday. I have added the butter. I also will spray my crockpot with spray butter to eliminate sticking.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday EntertainingSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More