- Cooking Time: 14 to 15 hours
- Servings: 4 pints
- Preparation Time: 5 to 10 minutes
BackstoryI honestly do not remember where I picked up this recipe but my daughter's love Apple Butter and we had run out of the Apple Butter I had made one season. This one comes in handy or in a pinch, it certainly put smiles on both of my daughters faces. Looks like you spent hours in the kitchen when you just did the "Mix and Forget it" until the next day. I usually will put this together on a Friday night and complete it in the early afternoon on Saturday. I have added the butter. I also will spray my crockpot with spray butter to eliminate sticking.
- 7 cups applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 1/2 cups honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a crockpot, mix all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 14 to 15 hours, or until the mixture is deep brown.
- Pack while hot into 4 hot pint jars.
- Process in hot-water bath for 10 minutes, counting the time after the jars have been immersed and the water comes again to a rolling boil.
- Makes 4 pints.