- Cooking Time: 4 to 6 hours
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- This makes enough for 4 people. If you would like to freeze or can, use more apples.
- --4 large apples, skinned ,cored, and cut in quarters
- --juice from 1 lemon
- --1/2 tsp cinnamon
- --1 tsp vanilla
- --1 t brown sugar
- --1/4 cup H20
- I used a 4 quart crockpot for the applesauce.
- Skin, core, and cut your apples into quarters. Plop the pieces into your crockpot. Add the juice from the lemon, and the water. Pour in the vanilla (I used imitation--we were out of the good stuff), and add the cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. When the apples are super tender, mash with a potato masher or large fork. My apples were very tender after 6 hours, and I used a fork.
NotesI found this on a blog crockpot365.blogspot.com. I wish it had more sentiment behind it, but it's just yummy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
MetroCooking DC 2013
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More