- Cooking Time: 4 to 6 hours
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- This makes enough for 4 people. If you would like to freeze or can, use more apples.
- --4 large apples, skinned ,cored, and cut in quarters
- --juice from 1 lemon
- --1/2 tsp cinnamon
- --1 tsp vanilla
- --1 t brown sugar
- --1/4 cup H20
- I used a 4 quart crockpot for the applesauce.
- Skin, core, and cut your apples into quarters. Plop the pieces into your crockpot. Add the juice from the lemon, and the water. Pour in the vanilla (I used imitation--we were out of the good stuff), and add the cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. When the apples are super tender, mash with a potato masher or large fork. My apples were very tender after 6 hours, and I used a fork.
NotesI found this on a blog crockpot365.blogspot.com. I wish it had more sentiment behind it, but it's just yummy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Luscious Tropical Dream Cake
Ultimate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana SplitSee More