- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (2-3 pound) boneless pork roast, tied (tied keeps the roast whole and keeps the flavor in)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese (from green container, shredded will clump)
- ½ cup honey
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Teaspoon dried basil
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup coca-cola
- ½ cup brown sugar, divided
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray or use a sprayed liner. Place roast in slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, honey, soy sauce, basil, garlic, oil, salt and cola; pour over pork.
- Rub both sides of roast with ½ of the brown sugar.
- Adjust cooking time depending how hot or not your crockpot cooks Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Half way thru cooking, rub roast on both sides with remaining brown sugar. If you are going to be gone all day, just rub the roast with the entire ½ cup of brown sugar.
- Let roast rest 15 minutes, cut the tie off and serve with sauce from the crockpot.
NotesMy 2 favorite times using my crockpot is when I'm gone to work all day or times like this when it is very hot outside! My crockpot doesn't heat up my house at all and we like taking a break from grilling and have some comfort food in the summer months!
Amazing! The sauce for this is so yummy! All the spices with cola and brown sugar, worked perfect for the pork! We were dipping fools! The more sauce on each bite, the better!
I saw 6 different blogs post a recipe "Parmesan Honey Pork Roast" and all 6 of the blogs had many good and negative comments! Alot of the negative comments said, "scorched", "to much basil", "shredded parmesan clumped", generally bland", "smelled funky", "could of been sweeter" and so on! I decided to take this recipe and add my own twist to it and boy was it delicious!