- Cooking Time: 480
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 5 cups beef broth
- 2 Tbsp. aleppo (or any) chili powder)
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2/3 cup corn
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice (or, cook rice separately)
- Heat a large heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat and add oil. Cook the onions for a couple minutes before adding the beef. Brown the beef with the onion and drain if necessary. Put back on the heat and stir in the garlic, just until fragrant.
- Pour the beef mixture into the crockpot and then add the tomato sauce, beef broth, spices, corn and black beans. Cook on low for…however long you’re gone.
- Increase temp to high and add the rice, just until cooked. Alternatively you can put the cooked rice in bowls and ladle the soup over it. Garnish with your favorite toppings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More