- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryUse to fill tacos/burritos/enchiladas or just eat with some beans and rice.
- 2 lb. pork roast
- chili powder
- cayenne powder
- salt and pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and whole
- 1 cup tomatillo salsa
- 1 onion, diced
- a little oil
- cilantro (optional)
- cooking spray
- Cook the diced onions in the oil until they are translucent.
- Add the tomatillo salsa in and stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, season the roast.
- Season liberally with salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, oregano and cayenne (well not too liberally with that if you don't like spicier foods :) on both sides.
- On the top, cut 5 slits or Xs into the roast and insert the whole cloves of garlic in the slits.
- Spray the bowl of the crockpot with some cooking oil.
- Put roast into the crockpot.
- Pour tomatillo mixture over the roast.
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- Shred the meat with two forks and continue to cook for about 30 minutes with the lid off, to thicken the salsa a bit.
- Remove the garlic cloves and stir in the cilantro.