- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (50 ounce can) cut green beans
- 1 (28 ounce can) cut green beans
- 8-10 Baby Yukon Gold potatoes, washed
- 2 pounds cottage ham, ham hock or ham of choice, cut into thick strips or chunks
- 1 small onion, cut into chunks and save some for topping in your bowl
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Water, enough to finish filling crockpot
- Cornbread, if desired
- Add green beans and the juice into crockpot. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Use the water to finish filling crockpot.
- Cook on high 6 hours or longer on low.
- Serve with cornbread.
NotesThis is what I call comfort food! Yummy! It's very easy to make and the crockpot does all the work which is nice after a long day! Fresh green beans can be used in this recipe but I use can green beans when fresh aren't in season! The potatoes you can use in this are endless! The Baby Yukon Gold and Red New Potaotes are very good but any potato of your choice will work! If using bigger potaotes, I peel them and cut them into quarters but with the Baby Yukon and Red New Potatoes, I just wash them off and put them in the crockpot as is! I always serve this with Jiffy Cornbread! Yummy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More