CROCKPOT HOMINY CHILI
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 oz package Chicken Sausage cut into 1/2 rounds
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 15 oz can hominy rinsed and drained
- 1 and 1/4 C tomato salsa
- 1 T. chili powder
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- green onions
- Sour cream
- crushed tortilla chips
- Mix first 6 ingredients in crock pot. Leave on low for 7-8 hours. Peppers will release alot of liquid during cooking, so don't be worried that the salsa is not enough.
- Serve the chili over 1/2 rice in 4 bowls. Top with sour cream, onions, and tortilla chips.
NotesTried this week and is surprisingly good and filling. From Cooking Light. Recipe calls for chicken sausage with tequila and jalapenos. I used a red pepper garlic that worked just fine.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Foodie BabySee More
Chicken LinguineSee More