- Cooking Time: 3-4 hours
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2 Tbsp Shortening
- 1 (8oz) pkg elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup melted margarine
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- pepper to taste
- Grease crockpot with 2 T. shortening. Combine macaroni, evaporated milk, milk, eggs, shredded cheese, margarine, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix well. Spoon into greased crockpot. Sprinkle with paprika. Cook covered on low for 3-4 hours. *Double the recipe for a large crowd. If doubled, cut back at least ⅓ on milks and margarine. It still cooks 3-4 hours on low. When double use ¼ cup melted margarine, 2 cups milk, 16 oz. evaporated milk. Double everything else.
NotesI tried this recipe probably 10 years ago at a family holiday dinner, everyone loves it & request it every year. Its great because it is made in the crockpot instead of the oven, that helps when making those huge holiday meals. Beware it is delicious but it LOADED with butter & cheese!! My excuse....its the holidays...splurge!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More