- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can (15 1/4 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups brown rice
- 3 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup thawed frozen orange juice concentrate
- 6 Tbs fresh lime juice (from about 3 limes)
- 1 1/2 Tbs ground cumin
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In your crockpot, mix together the corn, black beans, green chilies, onion, bell pepper, rice, boiling water, orange juice concentrate, 1/4 cup of the lime juice, the cumin, and the chili powder.
- Cover and cook on the low heat setting 2 3/4 to 3 hours.
- Stir in the remaining 2 Tbs lime juice, the cilantro, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Serve hot.
NotesMarvelous Mexicali Rice
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More