- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups dry navy beans
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 ham hock
- 1 chopped medium onion
- 2 cans tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- Soak beans in water at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain beans and add to crockpot.
- Add garlic, ham hock, onion, tomatoes and salt. Stir gently.
- Cover and cook 8-9 hours on low.
- Remove ham hock and cool. Cut ham from hock and stir ham back into beans.
- (You may want to add more salt and some black pepper.)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More