- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3 lb chuck roast (more or less)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb whole carrots
- 1 ½ lb waxy potatoes (such as red potatoes, yukon gold, or fingerling)
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tsp beef bouillon granules
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- Slice up carrots and potatoes into big chunks and layer in the bottom of the crock pot. Brown the chuck roast in the vegetable oil over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side - just enough to get a nice color (this step can be skipped if you're in a rush). Slide roast on top of veggies. Mix water and remaining ingredients together. Pour over the roast and veggies. Cook on Low for 8-10 hours.
- This lovely pot roast cooks slowly all day and comes out tasty and falling apart tender. Sometimes I'll add a packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix too the liquid as well.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More