- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- 8 potatoes (peeled or not) chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 celery ribs chopped
- 3 carrots peeled and chopped small
- 1 14.5 oz. can chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 c. milk
- 1/2 c. flour
- sliced green onions, grated cheese and chopped bacon for toppings
- Put all ingredients down to and including the pepper into the crockpot.
- Add water to within 1" of the top of the crockpot (This recipe was made for a 5 quart slow cooker, so adjust accordingly).
- Cook on high for 8 hours.
- One hour before serving, put milk into a small container with a lid, add flour and shake until well mixed. add to the soup.
NotesThis is a very old recipe, I can't recall where I got it from, but it is easy to make and makes a good base recipe. Add extra seasonings to your taste, rosemary is particularly nice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More