- Cooking Time: 2 hours
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 1/4 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (I use my garlic press to make it extra-fine)
- (optional) sliced white mushrooms
- 2/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Put rice in crockpot, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Add all other ingredients except parmesan cheese.
- Cook on low 2 hours or until liquid is mostly gone and rice is tender.
- (check it at 1 1/2 hours)
- add parmesan cheese, stir well and serve.
NotesI enjoy risotto but it's rather time-consuming for a busy weekday. This is an easier, "fix it and forget it" recipe. It's good without the mushrooms, but my husband likes it much better with the mushrooms so I usually add them. Also, I rarely add salt or pepper, but you may want to taste it and season it according to your personal preference.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More