- Cooking Time: 2 hours
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 1/4 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (I use my garlic press to make it extra-fine)
- (optional) sliced white mushrooms
- 2/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Put rice in crockpot, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Add all other ingredients except parmesan cheese.
- Cook on low 2 hours or until liquid is mostly gone and rice is tender.
- (check it at 1 1/2 hours)
- add parmesan cheese, stir well and serve.
NotesI enjoy risotto but it's rather time-consuming for a busy weekday. This is an easier, "fix it and forget it" recipe. It's good without the mushrooms, but my husband likes it much better with the mushrooms so I usually add them. Also, I rarely add salt or pepper, but you may want to taste it and season it according to your personal preference.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More