- Servings: 8
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 12 - 13 cups slightly dry bread cubes
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 eggs, beaten
Melt butter or margarine in a skillet.
Saute onion, celery, and mushroom.
Pour sauted vegetables over bread cubes in a very large mixing bowl.
Add all seasonings and toss together.
Pour in plenty of broth to moisten.
Add beaten eggs, and mix together well.
Pack stuffing lightly into slow cooker, (don't press down) and cover.
Set to High for 45 minutes; then reduce to Low to cook for 4 to 8 hours.