- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 12 - 13 cups slightly dry bread cubes
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Melt butter or margarine in a skillet.
- Saute onion, celery, and mushroom.
- Pour sauted vegetables over bread cubes in a very large mixing bowl.
- Add all seasonings and toss together.
- Pour in plenty of broth to moisten.
- Add beaten eggs, and mix together well.
- Pack stuffing lightly into slow cooker, (don't press down) and cover.
- Set to High for 45 minutes; then reduce to Low to cook for 4 to 8 hours.
NotesThis is so very very moist and delicious!
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
No-Bake Flag Cookies
Aunt Sherry’s Chicken Cacciatore
Strawberry Cheese TartSee More