- Cooking Time: 8-10 hours
- Servings: 4-5
- Preparation Time:
- 1 carrot, in chunks
- 1 green pepper, cubed
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 Tablespoons tapioca
- 4 chicken breast, cut up
- 8 ounces dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 2 Tablespoons fresh ginger root, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro, or 10 fresh leaves
- Rice, cooked
- 1. Put veggies in bottom of crockpot. Sprinkle tapioca over veggies. Place chicken on top of veggies.
- 2. Combine remaining ingredients, except rice, in a small bowl. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook 8-10 hours on low.
- 3. Serve over hot cooked rice
NotesAlthough this is not the "typical" red sweet and sour sauce, it is really good. My husband says it's the best s&s sauce he’s ever had. It’s very gingery though
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Jesuit Tampa - Between Practice and Homework
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More