- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 (28 oz) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 (14 oz) cans chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 oz. evaporated milk
- Small handful fresh basil leaves, sliced thin
- Add tomatoes, onion, broth and dried spices and salt to crock pot. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Carefully use a ladle, scoop tomatoes and onions out of the pot (draining excess liquid back into the pot as you're doing this....the idea is to get most of the chunks out) and into a blender. Blender on high speed until smooth. Return blended tomato mixture to crock pot.
- Slowly stir in evaporated milk until soup is a consistent color (add more or less milk based on your preferences).
- Stir in basil leaves.
- Turn crock pot down to "warm" until ready to serve. Serve alone or with an assortment of grilled cheese sandwiches (provolone or mozzerella on french bread go very well with this soup)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More