- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 recipe - Pâte Brisée
- 1 1/2 cup of your choice of whole fruit preserves. (Divided, or 3/4 cup of 2 preserves)
- 1 tsp lemon juice.
- Egg wash:
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp water, for egg wash
- Sanding sugar
- Make your Pâte Brisée and chill as directed.
- Remove and either cut in 2 or 6 equal portions.
- On a floured surface, gently work the dough into an 11 inch circle.
- Mix Lemon Juice with Whole fruit preserves;
- Using 3/4 cup per crostata, spread filling to within 1 inch of the edge with an offset icing spatula.
- Begin folding the edges over the filling, pleating the dough as necessary.
- Move to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes in a 400 degree oven.
- Remove and brush with egg wash; then sprinkle with sanding sugar.
- Return to oven and bake another 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
NotesThese are a great alternative to pie, you can either make 2 large crostatas with this recipe or 6 individual crostata-lettes. In the picture, I had made a double batch of Pâte Brisée and filled them with Strawberry, Black Current, Raspberry and a Pastry Cream topped with Mandarin oranges.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
MetroCooking DC 2013
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Thomas' English Muffin Clone
Black Bean SoupSee More