- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1egg (well beaten)
- 1 Tsp butter or margarine(melted)
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1/8tsp salt
- 3 Tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Combine egg, butter, salt, sugar, and spices. Beat thoroughly.
- Add sifted flour to make a stiff dough.
- Turn onto lightly floured board.
- Roll in sheet Ã‚Â¼inch thick.
- Cut in strips 2Ã‚Â½ by 3inches.
- Make 4 or 5 lengthwise gashes nearly to the ends.
- Run your fingers in and out of the gashes, push strips together a little, and slip into hot grease(365 degrees).
- Fry until brown.
- Drain on crumpled absorbent paper. Enjoy!
NotesThis is another recipe from my great grandmother. They are very good. I hope you like them.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More